[j-nsp] [slightly ot] looking for a passive dwdm solution that plays nice w/ junipers.

jeffrey.arnold jba at analogue.net
Thu May 15 06:06:10 EDT 2003

Anyone know of a cheapish passive-as-possible cwdm/dwdm solution that
does not require colored gbics? I've been happy with the cisco ONS
15216 boxes, but the only way to run them w/ junipers is via an
intermediary switch (dumb). I'm looking for something that will take the
output of my singlemode (or even multimode) ports, and throw it on a
wavelength w/o requiring a traditional (expensive) optical mux. Still
looking to match the 15216's capacity of 8 gigs per fiber.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

cheers,
-jba
__