[j-nsp] Interface mirroring?

Nils Kolstein N.Kolstein at Planettechnologies.nl
Wed May 21 16:40:05 EDT 2003

> Hi all,
>
> Quick question.  We're setting up an M-40 with 2 gig-e
> interfaces so that
> failure of either interface (or the switch its plugged into)
> doesn't mean
> the M-40 is unavailable.  We could setup VRRP between the
> interfaces, but
> there is about 20 (and growing) sub-interfaces that need to
> be failed over
> if one of the gig-e interfaces fail.
>
> Is there an easier way to keep the two interfaces in sync other than
> editing both interfaces by hand everytime a change has to be made?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Rich,

VRRP is not an option as it would require you to configure two
IP-adresses in the same segment on one router. That won't work..
A better option is to use Etherchanneling from your M40 to the switch
provided that the switch supports it..

Hope this helps..

Nils Kolstein
Senior Netwerkbeheerder