[j-nsp] BGP route-reflection question

Guy Davies Guy.Davies at telindus.co.uk
Thu May 29 10:25:48 EDT 2003

Hi Dmitri,

I have to say that I don't necessarily *recommend* using different cluster
IDs in the same cluster.  I merely said that it is a means to achieving what
you wanted.  I knew that Hannes specifically and possibly Juniper generally
recommends doing this but I am with Danny on this and personally recommend
using the same cluster ID and doing all iBGP from lo0 to lo0.  IMHO, using
different cluster IDs wins you little in a well structured network and can
cost you a lot (as described by Danny).

No offence intended Hannes :-)

Regards,

Guy