[j-nsp] auto-export vs rib-groups

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Thu Nov 6 12:28:48 EST 2003

Hi R.N

It is not true that ALL routes are moved between VRFs when auto export
is used.  In both the vrf and non-vrf implementation you can use
policies to control which routes are imported and exported and all
features of the policies are used.  The only thing you cannot change
using the policies is the next-hop for obvious reasons.

In the VRF implementation the policies in vrf-import and vrf-export are
applied.
In the case of non-vrf instances instance-import and instance-export
policies are honoured

The benifits of auto-export is the reduction in the amount of
configuration required and the ease of understanding.

Gary