[j-nsp] auto-export vs rib-groups

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Thu Nov 6 16:56:15 EST 2003

Chris.Hellberg at telecom.co.nz (Chris Hellberg) writes:

> One of the reasons why I chose to say rib-groups (which I neglected to mention) were less flexible is the fact you can't import directly-connected routes between VRFs - you have to do some static-route hackery.

perhaps i'm not understanding what you mean but you can apply a
rib-group to direct routes...

routing-options {
    interface-routes {
	rib-group inet <name>;
    }
}

This can be the same rib-group that you use w/ other protocols to leak
routes between instances...

Still for the overlapping VPN scenario i believe auto-export gives you
the same functionality w/ much less configuration.

The difference between the two is that rib-groups are applied to
routes received by a protocol before that route is added to the
routing-table and thus before path selection.

auto-export is applied after path selection and only "exports" the
active path.

  Pedro.