[j-nsp] RPD_SCHED_SLIP

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 18 10:06:23 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:00:43AM -0600, Kashif.Khawaja at Broadwing.com wrote:
> Looking to see if I can get some info as to what this error message is in relation to:
>
> Nov  6 02:55:10 JM40 rpd[608]: RPD_SCHED_SLIP: 62 sec scheduler slip

	Whoa.

> This was followed by the ISIS process bouncing on the whole router.

	Are you running recent software?  Most of these that we saw
were fixed somewhere in 5.4 or 5.5 if I recall.

	This is something you truly want to speak with juniper support
about if you have recent software.  Basically the RPD process was
doing something for those 62 seconds and during that time no bgp/isis or
other keepalives are transmitted.

	- Jared