[j-nsp] Redundant REs: annoying features et al.

harry harry at juniper.net
Thu Oct 30 10:23:22 EST 2003

The backup-router has nothing to do with RE synchronization as I understand.
The REs can talk internally w/o an fxp0 based OoB network. The backup router
statement identifies a default gateway for OoB routing that is used *only*
when rpd is not running, such as when the router has just booted or in the
case of rpd thrash.