[j-nsp] netflow config clue needed

Dave Plonka plonka at doit.wisc.edu
Sun Sep 7 00:09:49 EDT 2003

Randy,

There is an example of how we configure sampling and cflowd version 5
export under JUNOS in the FlowScan mailing list archive here:

   http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/list/flowscan/archive/0792.html

It's been working well for us by using the "sample" directive in
firewall filters, as in:

      firewall {
          filter CampusIO {
              term all {
                  then {
                      sample;
                      accept;
                  }
              }
          }
      }

That is we essentially apply that filter on every interface that we
want forwared traffic to be sampled.

I've never tried the method you showed below, using a sample stanza
within the sub-interface definition.

Dave