[j-nsp] ES PIC required for BGP-over-IPSEC?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Apr 16 14:41:08 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:34:03AM -0700, harry wrote:
> The ES PIC is not needed to secure RE based BGP sessions.

OK, fine.

> This is done at the protocols bgp hierarchy:
>

> [edit protocols bgp]
> lab at Sydney# set ipsec-sa ?
> Possible completions:
>   <ipsec-sa>           IPSec SA name

Sure, this is set for the peer. I didn't quote it as I thought this
would be obvious. :-)

dr at A> show configuration protocols bgp group ibgp-mesh neighbor
192.168.0.5
ipsec-sa ibgp;
dr at E> show configuration protocols bgp group ibgp-mesh neighbor
192.168.0.1
ipsec-sa ibgp;

Any clues on why I'm getting the same error on both neighbors?
I don't see a typo. Am I missing any additional configuration
necessary?

Best regards,
Daniel