[j-nsp] LDP breaks at MPLS/VPN Backbone

maher adib maher at pd.jaring.my
Thu Apr 22 06:24:06 EDT 2004

Hi there,

My name is Maher and currently testing MPLS/VPN running on Cisco devices.
I would like to ask if there is a break in LDP at core router(P), which
sometimes due to misconfiguration or perhaps hardware failures,in terms
routing mechanism and update how does on each PE routers detect the break
in terms of running MPLS/VPN on Juniper devices such as on M20?

For a normal IP packet, I presummed the traffic will flow but if vpnv4
routes?Normally, in Cisco devices, I need to implement MPLS FRR or TE.
How about in Juniper devices? Is there any method to re-route without
having a major migration on IP infrastructure?

thank you very much,

regards,

maher