[j-nsp] DS3 UAS on all T-1

Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com
Fri Apr 30 13:31:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

Can somebody from Juniper elaborate on the description of PR 32778

"When a Channelized DS-3 PIC was connected to a digital cross-connect on
which channel 0 was not provisioned, DS-3 UAS errors were seen on all
active ports. A workaround was to provision channel 0."

Does this only affect the first DS3 (i.e. DS3 on port 0) only as we
don't see this on T-1s of other DS3s on this PIC? Does it have something
to do with what kind of a DCS we have on the other side? OR I guess what
does "provisioned" exactly mean: configured, configured and up, etc.?

Thanks!
-Kashif.
+