[j-nsp] L2 VPN question

Laura Serrano laura.serrano at rediris.es
Thu Aug 5 06:59:06 EDT 2004

Hi Martin,

this is Laura, from rediris. As Miguel Angel tells you, we want to use the same
link between CE and PE router for the IP and l2 circuit traffic.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

For definition, we need to configure an CCC circuit between CE and PE router,
don't we?. Well, we are currently defining a test VPN scenario in our production
network without affecting to the IP traffic, that is: to use the same SONET link
(PE-CE) to IP and l2circuit traffic.

I am trying to configure different units under the same physical interface, but
we have a problem:

At the physical level we can configure framerelay-ccc, ciscohdlc-ccc and
ppp-ccc, but if you choose any of *.ccc encapsulations at this level, you can't
configure family inet in the logical unit interface.

Another possibility, I thought about, is to configure "frame-relay" at the
physical level and define two different logical unit, one for IP traffic and
frame-relay encapsulation and other for l2circuit with frame-relay-ccc
encapsulation, but it is impossible too :-/

Any comment, any idea, any options? Thanks in advanced

Regards!

-- Laura