[j-nsp] JUNOS syntax checker

Stefan Mink mink at schlund.net
Fri Aug 6 03:23:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 06:00:16PM -0400, Jeff Wheeler wrote:
> Is there any sort of JUNOS configuration syntax checker available?
> Recently I have found myself preparing configuration for new boxes in
> advance of having IP connectivity to them, and it'd sure be nice to have
> the same functionality as "commit check" on the unix command line.  The
> only option I know of seems to be install an olive box.  (Please, no
> Olive debate or Juniper folks reminding me it's unsupported.)

in comparison to cisco, with juniper it doesn't matter, if the hardware
needed to support the configuration is indeed installed. So you can take
an (almost*) empty spare-chassis in the lab, install the config and check
if its ok...

   tschuess
             Stefan

* at least the M40 needs at minimum one fpc (and a pic?), otherwise the
  routing engine continuously reboots...

--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA