[j-nsp] rejected routes

Wayne E. Bouchard web at typo.org
Mon Aug 30 16:07:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

Question..

Got a fella peering with one of my routers using a route science
box. Apparently, this device, once it picks a best route, must send it
to ALL peers (internal or not.) As a result, my router is receiving
several thousand routes from this box. I've already got a reject
policy in place so I'm not actually using them (it's not part of my
network and I'm not sending traffic that way) but the juniper still
COUNTS and stores these routes. As a result, he's going over the
default prefix limit I have set and his session is flapping. I could
easily just up his prefix limit but I'd rather not have to allocate
memory for a potential 144,000 routes I'm not going to use.

Any way to get the juniper to not remember these routes but just flat
ignore them? (so, to put it in cisco terminology, I would be turning
off soft reconfiguration.)

Right now, I have a policy on this peer that reads (litterally)
"then reject;"

---
Wayne Bouchard
web at typo.org