[j-nsp] backup software

variable at ednet.co.uk variable at ednet.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 08:47:02 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Przemekk wrote:

> Hello There,
> I've googled a bit but found nothing interesting for me. Could You
> please tell me what kind of software do You use for automatically
> getting backup configuration from Junipers (ie: every midnight ;-) )?
> Suppose it have to be SNMP based, and i'd like to use it for devices
> from different vendors (Cisco, Extreme, Juniper).

The config archival on the Junipers works well.  We've been using it for
months now and are very happy with it.

As well as using it for DR, it's also useful if you're dealing with the
JTAC and they want to see what changes you've made to the config.

system {
    archival {
        configuration {
            transfer-on-commit;