[j-nsp] JunOS Commands

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Dec 24 08:07:46 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 05:05:18PM +0530, av srikant wrote:
> 1. List of the .conf files loaded in the Flash Memory.
> 2. To Delete the .conf file which is present in the flash memory.

I guess your questions do aim at "how can I delete all config traces
from a box". Then, just looking at the flash memory is NOT enough.
To remove all traces actually is quite an effort. You need to:

- first go into "configure" mode and delete all config there, "commit".
- delete all files in /config
- delete all files in /var/db/config
- probably all files in /var/db too, at least there are traces in there
- the log files in /var/log
- all directories and files in /var/home
- after done all that, enter CLI again and do a "request system
  snapshot"

This is off the top of my head, so may not include all things to delete.
I can just remember that it's not that easy. Most sure thing is to
re-install from scratch by using a PCMCIA install flash-card.

> 3. To check the size of the Flash Memory and amount of Memory which has
> been consumed

show system storage | match /dev/ad0

Regards,
Daniel