[j-nsp] eBGP multihop

Christopher Morrow morrowc at ops-netman.net
Sun Feb 1 15:02:21 EST 2004

On Feb 1, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Gary Tate wrote:

> http://www.secsup.org/CustomerBlackHole/
>
> If this is indeed the document that you are referring too then this is
> only added for consistency with the Cisco solution configuration that
> is given.  It is not a requirement on the Juniper side and shouldn't
> have been added to the document just to make it consistent.

certianly its not required for a juniper only solution, or a juniper
provider edge solution :)  It should be updated for that contingency, I
believe the original thought was that if the provider side was Cisco
based and thus required the multihop option, the customer side would
also need to be multihop...

after a little test that doesn't seem to be required, so the document
should be updated to reflect that also.

Thanks Gary.