[j-nsp] FBF and fragmented UDP packets

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubens at email.com
Thu Feb 26 22:46:59 EST 2004

What you are trying to do would require a state-aware view of the packet
flows, and a M-router is a stateless device (at least without service PICs).
One way I can think of would be forwarding all fragmented packets to an
external box, reassemble them and send them back to the router.

I'm curious why are you getting DNS UDP fragments; DNS traffic would usually
go TCP for packets that might need fragmentation.

Rubens