[j-nsp] attenuator

Panny Malialis panny at hotlinks.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 14:53:42 EST 2004

Hello Everyone!

Firstly I'd like to wish everyone on this list a very Happy new year 2004! :)

End goal: To have a working Junoscript/XML web based looking glass with logical-router support.

Quote from the Juniper docs....

"The router has only one configuration file, which contains configuration information for the physical router and all associated
logical routers.
Master users can access the full configuration. However, logical router users can access only the portion of the configuration
related to their particular logical router."

I'm currently running 3 logical routers on 1 particular M5.

I'm interested in setting up a read-only user for each logical-router who only has access to the logical-router I want them to have
access to so commands run by that user will be automatically applied to the logical router for that user.

I cant see a way to create a so called "logical router user". Does anyone know how it's done?

Can I run a command like "set cli logical-router lr0" automatically on login ? This may do the trick I think.

Basically I'm using the free junoscript looking glass example from junoscript-perl-5.5R1.2-export.tar.gz
Most of the commands work if it's not a logical-router, also there is no ping/traceroute and it doesnt know anything about rip.

I'm wondering, is there a better, more complete, more upto date version available freely which supports a few more commands?

Also, are there any websites with any more free junoscript examples?

Any help/comments would be most appreciated :)

Kind Regards

Panny Malialis
Hotlinks Internet Services