[j-nsp] Installing sudo (on a Juniper box)

Alastair Galloway ag at a.co.nz
Tue Jan 6 07:36:19 EST 2004

Hi,

To avoid having to give the root password to too many people in our
organisation I'm thinking of installing sudo (http://www.sudo.ws/) on our
Junipers.  This is for upgrading the removable media with new software,
which requires root access for the dd command.  Before I go and mess around
with boxes in the lab, has anyone had any experience with doing that.

Or is there a better way to give root access for one command without handing
out the root password to every person who needs to run the command?

Cheers,

Alastair Galloway