[j-nsp] OSPF Metric in Juniper.

Milind Deshpande Milind.Deshpande at relianceinfo.com
Wed Jan 21 05:04:08 EST 2004

Dear All,
Kindly help in finding the method used for calculating OSPF metric for
Juniper Router in the following scenario.

Router A & B are in same location connected via Gigabit link shown in blue.
All the routers are in OSPF area 0 & traffic-engineering has enabled on the
same.
All other links are STM1, shown in red.

Router A ----- ------ Router C
Router B ----- ------ Router D

When we issue ping from Router A to Router D, ideally as per OSPF metric
which is cost, it should follow the "Router B & Router D" path, but it is
following "Router C & Router D"
What could be the reason of taking path which are having both STM1 links,
instead of Gigabit & STM1 path?

Thanks / Milind.