[j-nsp] Generic question on Router Performance

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Wed Jun 9 05:40:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Milind Deshpande wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If one of the routing process gets terminated & causes the Core dumped!
>
> How does it affect the other process & over all router performances?

A while ago I made something like - continuous crash on router - every
minute I crashed the msdp process. Result was: forwarding completely okay.
BGP, OSPF was okay, but the usage of the central CPU went up to 5 percent
and logging into the router took a bit more.

Regards,
	Janos Mohacsi
	NIIF/HUNGARNET