[j-nsp] RSA ACE and JUNOS

Ivan Batanov ivanb at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 16:49:20 EDT 2004

Robert,

we have RSA working on our Junipers using the following config:

system {
    authentication-order [ radius password ];

        class operator-local {
            idle-timeout 60;
            permissions [ clear network reset trace view ];
        }
        class read-only-local {
            idle-timeout 60;
            permissions view;
        }
        class superuser-local {
            idle-timeout 60;
            permissions all;
        }
        user r-oper {
            full-name "Remote operator class";
            uid XXXXX;
            class operator-local;
        }
        user r-ro {
            full-name "Remote read-only class";
            uid XXXX;
            class read-only-local;
        }
        user r-super {
            full-name "Remote superuser class";
            uid XXXX;
            class superuser-local;
        }
        user backdoor-user {
            uid XXXX;
            class superuser-local;
            authentication {
                encrypted-password "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"; # SECRET-DATA
            }
        }
}

On your RSA RADIUS server you should have the users configured with the
appropriate RADIUS profile for their privilege level (see the above
local users). The RADIUS profile should have the correct Juniper VSA (in
RSA-speak - Vendor-specific Attribute, Value type=String, Value=2636 1
"r-super").

Hope this helps,

Ivan Batanov
Earthlink, Inc