[j-nsp] OSPF problem

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Jun 18 10:02:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:58:26PM +0100, José Esteves wrote:
> Since I upgrade the Junos to the JunoOS 6.3R1.3, my OSPF are very instable.
> On the BDR I've got the following messages:
> RPD_OSPF_NBRUP: OSPF neighbor (ge-1/2/0.0) state changed from Exchange to
> Full due to DBD exchange complete
> RPD_OSPF_NBRUP: OSPF neighbor (ge-1/2/0.0) state changed from Init to
> ExStart due to Two way communication established
> RPD_OSPF_NBRDOWN: OSPF neighbor (ge-1/2/0.0) state changed from Full to Down
> due to NBR declared dead on inactivity

Interesting, I saw this continually happen every few minutes for just
over an hour about a week ago for no explainable reason, and I too
just recently upgraded to 6.3R1.3.  The DR is an M10, and there are
two Nortel Passport 8600 routers, one of which is the BDR.  There were
no link status changes or errors on the links.  All the routers logged
the same error messages "NBR declared dead on inactivity".