[j-nsp] Targeted LDP question on Juniper M20

bageshri kundu bageshrikundu at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 10:28:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to the following with a Juniper M20 & Agilent's routertester.

RT1 & RT2 are routetester gige ports. I have a targeted LDP session between RT1 & M20 and a link session between M20 & RT2. I also have a simulated OSPF 2x2 grid behind RT1. So basically the FECs of the simulated grid routers are advertised by routertester to the M20. When I check Juniper's routing table, I see the these FECs installed in inet.0 but not in inet.3(LDP routes). Hence Juniper does not forward LDP mappings fro these FECs to the downstream node which is RT2 in this case. Does the above not work because I am setting up a targeted session between 2 directly connected peers?

But when I have link session between RT1 & M20 & link or targeted session between M20 & RT2, these FECs get installed in Juniper's inet.3 table & are forwarded to the downstream node.

I also tried setting up an rsvp tunnel with ldp tunnelling enabled between RT1 & M20. That does installs a route in inet.3 but does not install the remaining FECs.

Do I need to configure something more on Juniper to get this to work? Because of this problem, I am not able to interoperate my router and Juniper.

Thanks,
Bageshri