[j-nsp] Layer 2 VPNs - advice wanted.

John Senior js at irishbroadband.ie
Wed Jun 30 15:48:15 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I am setting up some M7i's in the lab to work out how to get
layer 2 VPNs going.  In my situation the plan is to use L2VPNs
to backhaul layer 2 ethernet traffic to a BRAS box.

Anyhow, what would people recommend for this kind of scenario?
My thoughts are to use RSVP signaled LSPs and vlan-ccc, as these
will be fairly static setups that I may want to use TE with later.
We will also be offering Layer 2 VPNs to our customers in the
future so I guess LDP would be the way to go for those.  Does anyone
run both simultaneously?

I would be most grateful for any comments that you have - hints,
suggestions, critcism, abuse, threats - all welcome.

In particular if anyone feels like posting some configuration snippets
showing how they have set up L2VPNs that would be much appreciated.

All the best,

John.
--
John Senior <js at irishbroadband.ie>