[j-nsp] Weird traceroute across MPLS core using labeled-unicast IBGP

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Mar 8 12:07:07 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:52:48AM -0800, harry wrote:
> You should be able to monitor locally generated/terminated VPN traffic.

Well, but I can see only the ICMP TTL exceeded coming back via
native (non-MPLS) forwarding, but I don't see the traceroute probes.
This is by "monitor traffic interface ge-0/0/0.100" which is the
interface both the LSP and native forwarding goes via.

> Not sure about the default to fxp0.0; I get the same behavior...

Can you open a PR about that?

> Curious as to why you would monitor fxp0 for VPN traffic.

My comment regarding fxp0 was not regarding the traceroute stuff,
I just happened to noticed it when playing around with tcpdump
and forgetting to specify -i. I wondered why I don't see lots of
SSH traffic scrolling by. :-)

> Is this an olive?

Nope.

A1> show version | match Model
Model: m10

fxp0 is just the management LAN in the lab here.

And as we all know, Olives don't exist. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel