[j-nsp] Connecting logical routers the cheaper way

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Mar 8 15:22:34 EST 2004

Hi,

in lack of a Tunnel PIC, is there any cheaper way to connect
logical-routers to the main router instance short of physicalling
crossconnecting two physical Juniper ports?

I've thought of using a GigE VLAN trunk against a switch,
crossconnecting two FE ports in access mode to different VLANs
there and then assign the two VLAN units to the main instance and
the logical router. As Juniper doesn't support setting interface MAC
address per sub-interface, this unfortunately doesn't work.

Any other ideas? I do not want to waste highly expensive ports just
to get some BGP and traceroute going.

Best regards,
Daniel