[j-nsp] Fun: most complete JunOS doc ever

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Sun Mar 14 10:57:55 EST 2004

Sunday, March 14, 2004, 4:30:45 PM, you wrote:

DR> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 04:09:25PM +0100, Josef Buchsteiner wrote:
>> and I'm sure you have filed a doc-pr. did you ?

DR> Meanwhile yes. Also for the missing description of
DR> "route-distinguisher-id" in the same section.

DR> BTW... route-distinguisher-id... one can set it in the routing-options
DR> block of the main router instance. The description says that  the idea
DR> is to autpo-generate RDs based on this, but it doesn't say how the
DR> identifier is chosen in a routing-instance. the route-distinguisher
DR> syntax does include the ip-address part, so overwrites the IP address
DR> assigned by route-distinguisher-id anyway.

If route-distinguisher-id <ip-address> is configured, vrf and l2vpn
routing-instances that do not specify a route-distinguisher will
automatically have a type 1 RD assigned on the format
<ip-address>:<num> where num is a number unique per instance.

DR> dr at A1# set routing-instances foo route-distinguisher :15
DR> error: rd_type: ':15': Must be in (16 bit:32 bit) or (IP address:16 bit)
DR> format

    there is no need to set a RD under the instance. if you do so
    it will supersceeds the RD defined under the routing-option