[j-nsp] SCB Utilization Threshold?

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Tue Mar 23 19:23:56 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 01:16, Jeff Wheeler wrote:
> Sampling is another task that uses the exception processor.  I believe
> only packets which will actually be sampled are handled by it.  If you
> are sampling at a high rate, you would have high SCB CPU utilization.

That explains it, although this leaves me in the dark where the RE comes
in when sampling packets without a dedicated PIC (apart from processing
the packet itself). When setting limits on sampling you set a limit on
the amount of packets allowed to pass through the RE and when enabling
sampling the RE is clearly involved judging from the increased RE CPU
load. Are there any more specific docs you know of on the exact working
of this apart from the rather general Juniper architecture docs...?

Regards,

--
---
Erik Haagsman