[j-nsp] Ping Question

Steve Holman sholman at juniper.net
Fri Mar 26 18:05:36 EST 2004

No it wouldn't.  The router knows it has a path to the destination within itself, therefore, it doesn't need to send the ping out the interface to reach the destination.  It would however, traverse the PIC, but won't go out the interface.  You should be able to use the "bypass-routing" variable along with the "interface" variable to force the ping packet out the particular DS3.  I'm not 100% sure it will work, but I've used it when looping other types of interfaces for testing purposes.

Cheers,
Steve