[j-nsp] Strange behaviour of filter

joshua sahala jejs at sahala.org
Wed May 12 10:11:39 EDT 2004

On (12/05/04 17:25), Wei Keong wrote:

> As shown in the config below, the traffic from source 10.2.196.0/27 should
> only be handled by the last term. However, somehow, the traffic is being
> handled by term-I, redirecting to instance-A.

term-A is counting everything that isn't destined for port 80, so in
terms of the list, first term that matches, 'wins'

from the junos docs:
	The order of the terms within a firewall filter is significant.
	Packets are tested against each term in the order in which they are
	listed in the configuration. When the first matching conditions are
	found, the action associated with that term is applied to the packet
	and the evaluation of the firewall filter ends, unless the next term
	action modifier is included. If the next term action is included, the
	matching packet is then evaluated against the next term in the
	firewall filter; otherwise, the matching packet is not evaluated
	against subsequent terms in the firewall filter.

so you might try using 'next term' in your filters

as far as term2 not being in the count...i'm not sure

/joshua

fools.
	- Douglas Adams -