[j-nsp] Juniper->Cisco vlan question

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Sun May 23 18:44:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

i've got a very easy (probably) question regarding juniper to cisco vlan
tagging. However i am not 100% sure how i should solve this:

This is what i have now:
M20 --------------> Cisco 65k
10.0.0.1/30         10.0.0.2/30

This is what i am planning to have:

ge-1/0/0              Gi0/1       Gi0/2       (no control= no vlan here)
M20 ------------------> Cisco 3508XL --------> Cisco 65k
10.0.0.1/30 (vlan100)         |               10.0.0.2/30
10.0.1.1/24 (vlan200)         |Gi0/3
                              ----------> Some customer
			      (vlan200)   with servers (10.0.1.x)
                                          (customer connects some noname
					  switch, no vlan etc avail.)
					  (vlan200)

Important note: the Cisco 65k isnt controlled by me, and therefore i
cannot configure anything on it. The noname switch of the customer
doesnt know about vlan's or alike, so no controll there, too.
I dont want the customer to see anything from the cat 65k (arp etc.) and
vice versa.

(I am using NON-B version PIC GE cards)

This is what i am upto now:

 ge-1/0/0 {
        vlan-tagging;
        unit 0 {
            vlan-id 100;
            family inet {
                address 10.0.0.1/30;
            }
        }
        unit 1 {
            vlan-id 200;
            family inet {
                address 10.0.1.1/24;
            }
        }
    }

And about the cisco side... (not too sure this will work):

int Gi0/1
descr to-m20
switchport trunk encap dot1q
switchport mode trunk