[j-nsp] Juniper LH optics

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu May 27 19:20:08 EDT 2004

Hello,

Does anyone have a graph of the power output for Juniper LH optics over a
range of frequencies? I know the receiver is very wide band (people have
made 1310nm and 1550nm talk to each other), but I'm trying to find out how
wide the full output power is.

The website says:

LX optical interface (IEEE 802.3 compliant)
Wavelength: 1,270 to 1,355 nm
Average launch power: -9.5 to -3 dBm
LH optical interface (IEEE 802.3 compliant)
Wavelength: 1,480 to 1,580 nm
Average Launch Power: -3 to +3 dBm

I found a graph of a Juniper LX interface, and it looks like the 85nm
window is everything which falls under -9.5dBm or stronger, so I would
assume the same applies to LH? Would still be interested in knowing over
what window you would expect to see 0 to +3 dBm though. :)