[j-nsp] Remote Triggered Blackhole

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu May 27 19:20:09 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:09:48PM -0500, Khawaja, Kashif wrote:
> Trying to implement a really simple remote triggered blackhole config on
> JunOS 5.1R3.4

Ancient. :-)=

> Seems like it does not like the next hop (1.1.1.1) that I specify in the
> policy because the prefixes that I am receiving marked with community
> blackhole are all hidden.

Are you receiving the prefix via EBGP? Then see:
http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/juniper-nsp/msg02557.html

"multihop 1" on the EBGP session is your friend.

Juniper folks: this is popping up again and again... wouldn't it make
some sense to make an exception in the on-link test for next-hops
ultimately resolving to the dsc interface or discard/reject targets?

Best regards,
Daniel