[j-nsp] Redundant SSB

Sean Crandall sean at megapath.net
Sat May 29 12:44:05 EDT 2004

All of our M20's have redundant SSBs and all of them show the exact same
thing.  We have had failures where the backup came on line and took
over, so, yes, this is normal.

> Is there a way to test the second SSB-E without rebooting the whole
box?
> (And without having someone to pull the 1st SSB-E remotely)

You can switch between them by using "request chassis ssb master
switch".  But, if I remember correctly, it is not a hitless failover,
but it is not as long as rebooting the whole chassis.

-Sean

Sean P. Crandall
VP Engineering Operations
MegaPath Networks Inc.