[j-nsp] VRRP instances

Umar Ahmed Umar.Ahmed at vanco.co.uk
Mon May 31 10:20:03 EDT 2004

Cheers Guys,

Umar.

-----Original Message-----
From: adel mezibra [mailto:adel.mezibra at peoch.net]
Sent: 31 May 2004 13:30
To: Umar Ahmed; juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [j-nsp] VRRP instances

According to the documentation:

You can have up to 4095 different logical interfaces, one per VLAN, with a
limit of 1024 VLANs on any single Gigabit Ethernet port and a maximum of
1024 logical interface per port for the four-port FE PIC.

However, you can only have up to 256 VRRP groups (with several virtual ip
addresses per group tho).

Adel Mezibra