[j-nsp] "monitor traffic" broken?

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Mon Nov 1 15:06:05 EST 2004

Daniel, it looks like this is PR 13559, which is still open. An internal
documentation related PR is also on file. I am not sure in which version
the correction/clarification is expected, however.

As far as only catching 1/2 of the DNS exchange, what interface are you
monitoring for the egress DNS?  Monitoring traffic on lo0 should catch
all RE traffic. Is it possible that the outgoing query leaves on one
interface while the reply arrives on the interface being monitored? I
have no ability to test at present.

Regards