[j-nsp] the effect of export-rib in rib-groups?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Nov 29 06:11:57 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm playing around with rib-groups for unicast/multicast, and I have
one question:

Can somehow describe, with examples if appropriate, what practical use
there is in having an 'export-rib' statement in rib-groups?

The Juniper documentation doesn't really help here. Imports are clear
enough, but I'm having trouble figuring out the effect of using or not
using the export-rib statement?

See below for an example config:

========
routing-options {
    interface-routes {
         rib-group inet unicast-multicast-rib;
     }
     static {
          rib-group unicast-multicast-rib;
     }
     rib-groups {
         unicast-multicast-rib {
             /* what about having  e.g. 'export-rib inet.0' here? */
             import-rib [ inet.0 inet.2 ];
         }
         multicast-rpf-rib {
             /* what about having  'export-rib' here? */
             import-rib [ inet.2 ];
         }
     }
}