[j-nsp] BGP import policy to accept prefixes from advertising AS only.

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Wed Oct 13 20:53:58 EDT 2004

John Senior writes:

> Hi all, I am sure I came across this a while ago but can't now find
> it, I don't think I imagined it!

> Anyway, is it possible to create a BGP import policy statement that
> will only accept prefixes from the advertising AS without having to
> specify the AS number?

Not that i'm aware off.

Just for curiosity, why do you want to do this ?

The reason i ask, is that in situations where an AS is being
renumbered it may be very convinient for you peer as to be able to
send an AS other than the one that is configured on the session.

By doing this you would be defeating some other peoples transition
strategies.

  Pedro.