[j-nsp] logical router commit error

R Che jlablab at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 02:40:31 EDT 2004

thanks for pointing out the mistake.. my "ge-0/3/0" should be "ge-0/1/0".. once I changed it, it's fine. I didn't realize it actually allows you to configure non-existing interface. I don't have ge-0/3/0 in my chassis.
thanks.

Jesper Skriver <jesper at skriver.dk> wrote:
In the logical router, you have specified ge-0/3/0, but the interface
you quote is ge-0/1/0 - perhaps ge-0/3/0 isn't configured for vlan-tag ?

/Jesper

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:13:35PM -0700, R Che wrote:
> I got following commit error with my logical router configuration. However, if I changed to unit 0, then I got another error as unit 0 is used by main router already. Anyone has any ideas?
>
> user at m5#commit
> [edit logical-routers c2 interfaces ge-0/3/0]
> 'unit 1'
> Only unit 0 is valid for this encapsulation
> error: configuration check-out failed
>
> config snippet as below:
> version 6.3R1.3;
> logical-routers {
> c2 {
> interfaces {
> ge-0/3/0 {
> unit 1 {
> vlan-id 100;
> family inet {
> address 172.16.0.10/30;
> }
> }
> }
> }
> }
> }
> interfaces {
> ge-0/1/0 {
> vlan-tagging;
> unit 0 {
> vlan-id 520;
> family inet {
> address 10.0.2.2/30;
> }
> family iso;
> family mpls;
> }
> }
> }

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk - CCIE #5456