[j-nsp] Multicast configuration

Leonard Giuliano lenny at juniper.net
Wed Sep 22 11:41:46 EDT 2004

Config is very simple.  Only special thing to remember is that you need to
explicitly state what the dense group range is.  This is a feature that
prevents groups from accidentally falling into dense mode, if say, RP
mapping is lost.

pim {
    dense-groups {
        224.0.0.0/4;
    }
    interface all {
        mode dense;
    }
}

No need for tunnel pics.  They are only needed to encap/decap PIM-SM
register messages.

-Lenny