[j-nsp] v6-in-v4 tunnels without tunnel PIC?

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Thu Sep 23 22:12:06 EDT 2004

Use of RE-based tunnel interfaces is supported only for the
GMPLS control channel;  all other uses of host-based tunnels
is unsupported.

Alse please remember that packets that arrive via a PFE
interface are never forwarded out of an RE interface, and
vice versa.  So, for example, a packet that arrives on a
ipip interface on the RE will not get forwarded to a PFE
interface.  This is a logical corrollary of packets not
being forwarded between the PFE interfaces and fxp0....

Yup, you need a tunnel PIC!