[j-nsp] Using LACP/802.3ad between M20 and Cisco Cat6500

Piltrafilla piltrafilla at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:21:53 EDT 2004

Hi dudes,

I would like to set up an LACP/802.3ad aggregate of 2 GigabitEthernet
ports between a Juniper M20 and a Cisco Catalyst 6500.

I have seen on a thread on this list on how to deal with the configuration:
http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/juniper-nsp/msg03260.html

My question goes beyond the configuration. I would like to know which
parameters could be used to balance the frames on layer2 (both on
Juniper and Cisco side): src/dst ethernet mac addresses, 2-tuple ip
address, 4-tuples ip addresses and ports?

The link is point to point so it has a /30 (2 IP/MAC addresses pairs
per side), so a MAC based balancing won't help.

Anyone has faced this problem?

Thanks in advance,