[j-nsp] filter limits

Dan Evans pzdevans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:22:38 EST 2005

The answer on this one isn't written in stone. I've seen filters with
thousands of terms inbound and outbound with no apparent impact on
performance. In recent testing I did on an M320 A filter was applied
with 1000 terms with absolutely no performance degredation.

You are limited to one inbound and one outbound filter per logical
interface, but each filter can have as many terms as you need.

Since the JUNOS code is the same across all M/T-series platforms there
are no limitations on which types of filters you can apply based on
box type, and it doesn't matter what type of interface you use either.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Evans
JNCIE #0084