[j-nsp] BGP problem...

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Fri Apr 8 02:35:27 EDT 2005

Erol,

BGP has TOS internet-control set and will go into Q0 per default when
sourced from the RE as it is TCP. Once there is a retransmission the
packet will get pumped into Q3. In the case below the problem has not
been isolated at all. We send out packets form the RE's point of view
but there is no troubelshooting done if this ever reaches the remote
end or not. I've no understanding what this UDP test really does however
I would suggest doing some simple test and see if the BGP KA are
getting delivered to the remote end or not or if the problem is the
remote side not able to transmit the packets back to you. So you might
look at the wrong side... here it just says that this M7i has not
received anything from the remote peer and therefor dropping the
session.

Josef