R: [j-nsp] Re: Problem with routing FastEthernet (2.1)

Lars Erik Gullerud lerik at nolink.net
Wed Apr 13 13:39:55 EDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Aviva Garrett wrote:

> Yes, you are correct. My mistake. However, fxp0 needs to be configured
> for the router to function. In the configuration below, fxp0 is
> disabled.

Surely you must be joking.

----
lerik at cr1.osls> show configuration interfaces fxp0
disable;

lerik at cr1.osls> show interfaces fxp0
Physical interface: fxp0, Administratively down, Physical link is Down
   Interface index: 1, SNMP ifIndex: 1
   Type: Ethernet, Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 1514, Speed: 10m
   Device flags   : Present No-Carrier
[snip]
----

I can positively attest that all the routers we don't have any fxp0
connection on work just fine (here from an M320). :)

/leg