[j-nsp] Per next-hop or MAC accounting/firewall/policer on sameinterface

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Tue Aug 2 04:31:04 EDT 2005

Kevin,

1) You can make MAC-level filtering and rate-limiting on GE-IQ and GE-SFP PIC. This is not supported on GE PIC with fixed optics such P-GE-SX-B.

2) You can use DCU/SCU mechanism to classyfy packet in firewall filter base on information where/from thay go. This is not direct but work generaly this way:

I assune you has BGP session to each neighbor on LAN.
You choud write BGP import Policy which add to each lerned prefic router-internal market - "destination-class"
Then you can write firewall filter which match on destination-class and them execure action modifier like cout ore policer.

Rafal