[j-nsp] BFD advice

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 4 05:16:24 EDT 2005

I was paly with BFD in _lab env._ only, but I have no problems with interval at few ms level. I do this year ago in lab test in Bulgaris togheder with BTC. As fare as I remember we was observe low the 30ms restoration in our lab network.

Person responsible from BTC for this tests was Nedialko Dimitrov (from BTC - your colegue). Test cases e.g. 001.001.001 , 001.001.003.

If you look for fast convergency BFD helps to detect link failure, but then normal IS-IS/OSPF process start. To squize time I suggest to tune also SFP-delay parameter under [edit protocols isis]. (JUNOS 7.3 default 200ms, RFC standart 1s, minimum 50ms)

If you need experts support you can contact with local Ericsson office.

Rafa³ Jan Szarecki JNCIE
Senior Consultant - Datacom Networks
Ericsson Poland EPO/S/D
Office: +48 22 6916635
ECN:    837 6635
Mobile: +48 602418971
Skype: callto://Rafal_Szarecki <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>