[j-nsp] BFD advice

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 4 10:14:57 EDT 2005

George,

> I've made some tests with cisco and juniper devices , with tunned IGP
> timers for fast convergence.To avoid  lost of light i use couple of
> switches between nodes.

I guess this is GE enviroment?

> Other tests was only between M series with bfd timers for
> example from
> 10ms  to 200ms and I receive similar results. That seems to be caused
> from IGP convergence time ot measure mistake.

In addition to iperf, I was use Ethereal to capture frames, and find how long packets do not commes in.

> NGN trial, I'll ask Nedialko (actualy he is my manager now) for some
> notes about.

Sey Hello to Nedialko from me :)

Rafaі Jan Szarecki JNCIE
Senior Consultant - Datacom Networks
Ericsson Poland EPO/S/D
Office: +48 22 6916635
ECN:    837 6635
Mobile: +48 602418971
Skype: callto://Rafal_Szarecki <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>